March 5, 2009

Broken Hearted

My home has just been torn apart. My heart is aching not only for me but for my husband and children as well. My two older children are actually my husband's girls from a previous marriage. They didn't come home from school today and when Michael went up to the school, we found out that their bio mom checked them out early. We were crushed at the fact that she would do this to us after abandoning them at age nine and ten years old. But that the girls at thirteen and twelve didn't call and tell us that's what they decided to do. We did not have legal custody because she just left them and never came back. We've had no contact from her for the last three and a half years. Then she goes to school and gets them and no one bothered to tell us. My children are upset to tears and my husband is a emotional wreck. He doesn't want to fight because he says that the girls are old enough to decide where they want to live. My world has just crumbled around me. I have no idea how we're going to bounce back from this.
Imagine if your step kids just didn't come home from school one day. They didn't pick up their little sister, so I was frantic going from school to school looking for them. I found my middle girl still at school but the older ones were not at their middle school. Finally my husband went up to the school and the office advised them that their mother came and took checked them out.
Now, I'm picking up the pieces from being a family of nine to a family of seven. I just pray that God sees our family through this and heals all of our hearts. We really have grown together as a family and have come to love one another. Please keep us in you're prayers!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

18 comments:

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

I am so sorry for what you are going through! My husband and I just now stopped and prayed and will continue to lift you up in prayer. God is faithful, you will get through this because He will carry you.

Take a deep breath and cling as best you can and when you can't anymore trust that He will hold you and the girls.

Is is okay to post something tomorrow on my blog at the end of the party post so people can pray?

We will continue in prayer. Please feel free to email me personally at gentleshepherd2001@yahoo.com

Praying,
Michelle
She Looketh Well

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thanks so much. I have been in tears since this happened. I really needed those prayers because this has torn my familmy apart.

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

I am praying for you! I'm praying that y'all will get your daughters back home soon. May God give you peace through this whole time.

Muthering Heights said...

I'm SO sorry! I hope things work out for you...and for the girls...

Lainie said...

Dear Heavenly Father,
Please hold this lovely woman and her family so close to you in this hurtful time. Let your presence be felt so strongly that they can praise your Holy Name even in the midst of this storm.
We pray this in your beloved Son's Name,
Amen

BellaMama said...

Just from another point of view: Your girls are with their mama whom they haven't seen in so long.
God is refining you, let Him. And remember that we wrestle not against flesh and blood! Your girls are in God's hands-you know He will keep them!

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."
Psalm 28:7

Melissa G said...

Oh my word! I'm so sorry you have to go through something like this! I will be praying everything works out. The Lord is our strength! He will see you through.

busymomof10 said...

Feeling your hurt and praying with you!!!!


Elizabeth

Unknown said...

I am praying for you and your family. My family experiences something similar about 10 years ago. It was with foster/adoptive children, but like you said, you become a family.
May God comfort and strengthen your "mother's" heart. I am also praying for the girls. They are old enough to realize what hurt they are causing. May God open their eyes to what they are doing and bring restoration to your family.

Wendy said...

You are in my thoughts. I cared for my sisters kids after she abandoned them. I learned something through this, children want their mom no matter what. It does not matter who she is or what she has done. It does not matter how much someone else loves and cares for them. I believe it is something God puts in the hearts of children. But then the fallen world comes in........They will remember the love you have given them!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I am praying that those girls will be safe and that they will chose to return to you and your husband.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I am so sorry this has happened. I will keep your family in my prayers. May God guide you through this time and keep safe your step-daughters.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you too!
Rosie

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry you are going through this! We are praying for you. May God give you peace and strengthen your faith. Take courage! He is in control and has your girls in his hand. He will never leave you.
Nancy

Jules said...

I am so sorry. This must be devastating for you all. I can only imgaine the pain you must be going through. Don't be hard on your older girls. I'm sure deep down they appreciate the love and care you've given them and in time will realise where their true home is, but I think they probably also have some unresolved hurts from their Mom abandoning them and have perhaps secretly dreamed that it would all come right in the end. I suspect that at the moment they're not thinking clearly and can't see what their Mom has done to them - instead all they see is their 'dream' going true. Be there to pick up the pieces when reality and the truth hits them.

And don't blame yourselves. You've given them all that children need in a home and family. We just all seem to have a strong desire to be loved by our biological parents even when they've treated us terribly.

Hugs and prayers, Jules

Tina said...

I'm lifting you up in prayer right now and praying that you all will feel God's peace that passes all understanding as He carries you through this stormy time.
In His love,
Tina

Anonymous said...

Father,God,

You are the Almighty God! You alone are worthy of praise! Thank you for your loving kindness. Please help this family now to have peace that passes understanding. May you comfort them and give them wisdom daily as they continue raising the ones in their home. May it still be a "heaven on earth" even through trials and please protect their daughters. We thank you for encamping around those who fear you. You are our fortress. Please comfort this family in the knowledge that you are protecting their children. Thank you for Jesus!

In His name,

Amen

CristyLynn said...

Valencia,

I am so sorry that this has happened! I will be praying for you and your family--all 9 of you. I pray God's special comfort and wisdom for you.
I don't know what else to say, but I will be praying!

by grace,
Cristy