September 12, 2011

DIY cover cami

I own a few shirts that are too low cut that I only wear with a pin or tank. The pins ruin my tops and tanks can get a little bulky. I wanted to try doing some layering without the bulky tank underneath or leaving pin holes in my shirts. When I saw cami secrets, I thought it was an awesome idea! I just had to have more options though, so I gave it a shot. Using stuff I already owned, I got to work. You know free is so me!!


fabric and lace

cut to size

fabric glue to save time

velcro to hold in place around the straps

all done with no bulk!!

then I went for another color with ribbon trim...
DIY shirt

and a more chic look...

The best part about this was of course it was free!! Plus you can play with the design with prints, trim and colors to suit your closet. I love the fact that you can use any old fabric. The second one was made using an old sleeve from a top I refashioned. The third was made using a top that was torn.



Making




Tip Junkie handmade projects





Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I luv camis, they save alot of clothes.
I admit I have a few low cut blouses I luv that i bought but refused to wear until now :) I loooooooove my camis...

MrsWardy88 said...

this couldve been a feminine friday post. :)

Chi said...

That's a smart idea you know right, I love the tip, maybe would try it out sometime...:=)

Kimberly T. said...

You're a genius! I knew there had to be a way to make these myself. I too, wanted more variety. Thanks for figuring this out.

Just Jaime said...

Great idea! My mom did this a little while ago and she loves the results!

Ann@StringerMama said...

What a great idea to use fabric glue!!! I'm in love! I had thought about making my own just couldn't figure out how to attach it via sewing! Thanks for sharing! I found you thru the Raising Homemakers link-up!

Betty @ Little Farm in the Big City said...

Found you through Raising Homemakers. Genius idea!! Thanks for sharing it. I am so doing this with my low cut tops. Wearing a cami, tank or shell underneath is so bulky and cumbersome. Love this idea!

Anonymous said...

lol I snagged one of your pics to show some how to wear the cami lol

Blessings Renee
http://iamonewearethree.wordpress.com/