October 20, 2010

diy shirt embellishment

I'm well on my way towards updating my wardrobe. Its been fun creating new looks without spending much money or none at all. I tend to lean on the side of free whenever possible.

 here is the shirt before

 here is how it looks on

sew on a green ribbon,
then string on beads

now sew the other end to the shoulders
here it is after...ta da!!

close up

all done and ready to wear


Now to add up the cost: FREE! The shirt is NewYork&Co
from a thrift store I already had.
The beads and ribbon were for free.







Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That turned out so cute :)

Eve said...

Really cute, and I had the same idea! The ribbon that's in the shirt to hang them up with, I thought "Hey, that could make a great necklace."

It looks so fabulous, I have to give it a go! :D

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I really like this--dresses it up and is that little extra detail that makes something ordinary special. Thanks for linking up!

Carly J. Cais said...

Such a beautiful and small detail that really makes over the shirt!

BTW, your tutorial was featured in my latest DIY Roundup here:
http://www.chic-steals.com/2010/11/diy-roundup-7-favorites.html

Congrats and please show off more of your wonderful creations in my next Roundup!
xoxox
Carly

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thank you sooo muck Carly. I will def come back to link more.

Anonymous said...

:D I am working on my version :)