March 13, 2009

Spring cleaning

I've been working hard over the last few days cleaning my home. The first thing I did was get rid of everything that we no longer use. This includes clothing, shoes, toys, household items etc. The next thing I did was sort like items. This makes it a whole lot easier when looking for something when they are all together. Next, I found a place for everything and put everything in it's place. After a good cleaning, I'm finally happy with the results. Here is where I am so far.

Office- moved furniture and cleaned, put in rug, labeled folders and files, labeled all cord with tape and marker.

Dinning room- cleaned and organized cabinets, dust furniture.

Bathroom- cleaned and disinfected everything, put in air fresheners, washed mats.

Kitchen- organized pantry, cleaned fridge and freezers, cleaned all appliances and surfaces.




Now, the next phase of my spring cleaning is the cleaning of my life. I first want to get rid of all things not pertaining to God, my father. I will be a work in progress, but I will be in prayer on my journey of changing. Good qualities will be grouped together and bad qualities will be thrown out. I will cleanse my mind of all impurities. Clean my character and organize my time to allow for fellowship with Him. I will do a complete overhaul of my life during this season. Planting seeds expecting a harvest of righteousness. I have different categories I'm currently working on.

Spiritual- I'm developing a more intimate relation with the Holy Spirit. I want to be able to hear God speak to me and guide my life. I want to become a prayer warrior and have my life line up with His word.

Physical- I want to lose some pounds and create an exercise routine that works for me. Tone up some areas and become healthy. Eat healthier for me and my family.

Psychological- Learn new things and continue to grow in knowledge. Use what wisdom I do have to help fellow Christians. Create new opportunities for myself with going back to school. Have a positive attitude on life.




Spring cleaning is both my clutter in my home and in my life as well. I want to start a new beginning in Christ. Creating a home that praises Him and a body that does also. All these things I will do to glorify Christ.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

2 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, you've been BUSY!!! Want to come to my house next?? :)

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

lol...I have to stay motivated to clean or else I'd put it off.