April 5, 2009

Easter in Christ

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. The main reason being, I can celebrate the life, death and Resurrection of my beloved savior Jesus Christ. It brings tears to my eyes to think of how my Jesus suffered those long hours before He died just for me! The point in the scriptures that touched my heart the most was when He cried out why has thou forsaken me.

Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

This shows me that my Lord was human and had a heart. This was not easy for Him to bare, but because he loved us, He died for us anyway. How noble was Christ to overcome His fears to lose his life. We should die to our flesh daily to mimic Christ dieing for us. How trivial a task when we think of all he has done to save our souls. To die to our flesh is to die to our worldly desires. Let your spirit soar towards the heavens and starve the carnal man. Don't allow yourself to give in to fleshly wants. Refuse excessive drink, smoking, swearing, fornication, etc.. to die to those things which are not of Him.

The best way to honor our Savior is to follow Him. Follow His example and die for His sake. Let's put down the old man and be born new. Be transformed in Christ! This Easter, remember His suffering, His death and His Resurrection. Follow His example and die for His sake.

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Beth in NC said...

What a great post friend. It is amazing how Jesus was God yet felt forsaken by His Father. We can't even wrap our minds around it all. Nor can we fully understand what He did for us on that cross.

Thank you for sharing your heart!

Love,
Beth

Muthering Heights said...

This is a wonderful Easter post! :)

Angela Nazworth said...

Thank you so very much for participating! This was very moving and beautiful.

daniele @ domestic serenity said...

yes! what wonderful encouragement this Easter season. Enjoy & be blessed this weekend.

Jesica said...

Thanks for sharing this! I love that Easter seems to be a new beginning, a time to put off the old and spring forward with the new. Thanks for the reminder!