December 5, 2011

Heart toward home

When I became a wife and mother, I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. I was like a chicken with it's head cut off (southern saying). I soon realized that there had to be a better way to handle all of this. But I was sooo wrong! I later understood that the method, in which I kept my home was not the issue, it was the manner in which I kept my home. The holy spirit spoke to my heart one day when I was in tears, feeling completely overwhelmed. (Yes, I had days like that) His soft voice spoke into my soul, so sweetly and sooth my tears with wisdom. I was told that there is not necessarily a better way, only a better heart. My soul leaped at that notion. I would have never thought that it was none other than me, that was the hindrance.



From that day forth, I was determined to be an excellent homemaker, who buildeth her house. I was ushered by the words of the holy sprirt to change my heart toward my role that God had ordained for me as a wife and mother. My attitude determined my altitude in my homemaking. Once I had a fresh perspective on what it meant to have a happy, blessed home, I would stop at nothing to acheive this goal. I thought of this scenerio; I decide to relax at a very elegant hotel, only to find that my room is not vacuumed, the sheets need washing, and my refridgerator is not cleaned. I retreat downstairs, very upset in the hotel restaurant and the dishes are dirty. Now, if I wouldn't want this kind of treatment, why would I expect any less of my family?

So, I got o work! My first task was to get down on my knees and PRAY! I asked God to renew my heart and mind for home. It was a slow, beautiful process, I might add. Just like my garden. A seed of longing to be a better steward for my family, grew with prayer, study of the word, and love. Then, a full harvest of a Godly, wife and mother emerged. Pushing past all the dirt, filth and soil I became all that God ordained me to be. I take my role in the home very seriously and work diligently to keep my home a soft place to land. I want my family to come home and feel the warmth and comfort that I created in every loving task.

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

1 comment:

LivingforGod said...

Thanks for sharing this. I like the hotel scenario. I'm glad my family expects a rustic cabin, not an elegant hotel :). I do enjoy being a wife, mother, and keeper at home.

By the way, you have a beautiful family.

Have a blessed week,
Urailak
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/servingtheKingofkings/