June 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Charity

My baby is turning 2 today. Where has the time gone? It seems only yesterday, she was in the NICU as a four pound little bundle of joy fighting for her little life. She was borm 32 weeks premature and was am emergency C-section. I was on bed rest in the hospital for about a month, when I got the news that I was being transported to another hospitol by ambulance. I only had a few minutes, while they were getting me on a stretcher to call my husband and my mom to come to the second hospital. My mom and sister drove two hours to get there and my husband called in that morning and was at my side while I was being prepped for surgery. About fifteen minutes later Charity was here!!!!

She had a rough start. She was on feeding tubes and a breathing machine for her first few weeks. She also had heart problems, where she had to be on standby to be shocked back every few days. It was a nightmare! I was constantly crying and was a nervous wreck. They discharged me but she had to stay for a month. I visited and prayed for my baby everyday, sometimes two or three times a day. But soon she was home in her mother's arms, nursing from my milk. God is good!!!

Now 2 years later, my little one is happy healthy and full of life. She came home to six siblings and she just fit right into our family. She's such a blessing. As the baby of such a big family, she's never wanting for attention. She usually uses her charm to get her way with them...lol Her nickname is giggles, because she smiles and laughs all the time. She is such a beautiful little one, but more important she has such a beautiful spirit. I love her dearly and just want to wish Charity a very Happy Birthday from mommy.




Happy Birthday Friendster Graphics
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Happy Birthday, Giggles and congrats, Mom-you are the winner of my Summer School Art apron and towel set. If you can email me your address, I would love to get those out to you soon!
Have a great week!

Donalacasa said...

What a beautiful testimony of what our God can do! I hope she had a blessed birthday.

Blessings!

Beth in NC said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet one!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to your precious blessing! And yes, the time does go fast!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thank you all so much for the well birthday wishes!! Giggles thanks you in baby talk...lol