September 1, 2009

trash 2 treasure

It is true that one man's trash is another man's treasure.. I was driving down the street and had no idea I'd be digging through trash..lol But I just couldn't pass this up. This was a heavy, sturdy coffee table that I just knew would withstand five kids. So for under $2, I transformed it into a bench for the kids. They sit on it during movie time, do homework and crafts on it, or just lounge and read a book.



before...


after...(my two biggest critics give it the seal of approval)


$1 can of black paint and .75 cents worth of fabric and there it is...

 

DIY Day @ ASPTL
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

13 comments:

Kristen, pajama mama said...

awesome! I would have stopped, too!

Tami said...

Awesome trash to treasure project! I came across your blog through the Google blog alerts on "trash to treasure".

Katidids said...

Love it! I stop all the time & find great stuff. That and freecycle rocks!
The fabric top you could switch out whenever you needed. Awesome job. And when someone asks "Where did you find that!" You can say...Well, see its like this......

Heather said...

This is awesome! I was thinking of doing something similar to a coffee table I saw in our neighborhood, but by the time I got the van over there is was gone.

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, it looks great!

Jennifer Juniper said...

That is a budget makeover for a big bang. Great job :)

Heidi said...

Nice Job!
Your kids are adorable. ;)

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Very nice makeover. I love that the bench is long and WIDE!!!

Unknown said...

What a great find and an even better makeover! Don't you just love a bargain?

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

WOW that is GREAT!

Leanne said...

I love it! You did a great job! It's looks like your 2 cuties love it too.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

What fun! You did a great job.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

great curb find!
you did a super job.

gail