September 16, 2009

frugal family

My family and I have been living frugal for quite some time now. I can say that it has brought us closer together as a family. Now we focus on what's really important. Being together is way more important than where we go or what we do for fun. As a whole this is how we live.



detailed car = bucket of soap and water with vacuum
theme parks = picnics at the park, free museums, or backyard cookouts
veggies from grocery store = garden
going to the movies = DVD's at home
nail and hair salon = DIY make overs
fashion = thrift stores, sale items, shop your own closets to make new outfits
home decor = make your own creations
gym = self motivated workout at home (steps, running, push ups, etc)
dinners out = candle lite with music at home (after kiddos go to bed)
cable = books, DVD's, arts and crafts, board games, free online
fast food = meal planning ahead to save time
water park = water hose, water guns, free park with ground fountain sprouts
old containers = reusable items
too small clothing = fabric for new projects and outfit embellishments
car repairs = hubs
landscaping = family working together
cleaners = make your own


What are some of your tips that your frugal family uses?
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

6 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Oh girl, I am not even worthy to comment on this post! Yikes! You are doing such a great job. I am proud of you. I need to use some of your examples myself!

Bless you!
Beth

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog. I am so excited to read more.

Anyways, we do several of the things mentioned. We have struggled over this last year. God, really convicted us on how we had been so careless with the blessings. I know I have so much more work to do.

Divamom said...

I love this post! We've splurged on things in the past, only to find out that there was a much better way to do things. Saving money is a way of life when you have a large family! I actually have fun doing it, though. If I was ever blessed to have a lot of money, I would still be frugal and share what I have with others.

Be Blessed!
~Chondra

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

What a beautiful way to give back to others. You are so blessed!!

Kimmy said...

You make these things sound so fun!!!! Being with family is a wonderful thing! We sometimes take our time with them for granted and these are great ways to bond. Thanks for sharing :o)

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

Hello, Valencia!
I've enjoyed looking around your blog! This article is my way of thinkin'! =)
God bless you & keep shining the light!

~Angela @ http://callherblessed-angela.blogspot.com/