December 9, 2009

Roadside cabinet redo

Here is a roadside find that we had tucked away in storage. I decided as an early Christmas present to myself I'd revamp it just for me. I turned it into a useful storage cabinet/island for my kitchen. The best part is it came with wheels when we found it.

(This is what I had to work with)


(I started with 2 cans of black paint)


(adding the new hardware)


(And there she is in all her glory)




This project cost me less than $5. Two cans of black paint for .97 and 1.17 for each knob at Lowes. Now I have extra storage for all my baking items and small appliances. And with a big family, we just "LOVE" extra storage!! This is what works for me.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Linda said...

Valencia...Good Goin' Girl! Your little rolling island cabinet is great. What a difference you made just by painting it black.

"One man's junk is another man's treasure". Or woman...in your case! ((smile))

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Michelle said...

This is wonderful! I love roadside finds:) Can't beat $5:)

Blessings,
Michelle

http://www.thinkingchristianfamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Super cool. Love it. What a great blessing.

Michelle said...

NICE! I'm so not crafty like that.

Visiting you from my SITS day.