February 24, 2010

Chalkboard doors

I had so much fun with chalkboard paint. It really does make a difference and the kids get a kick out of it.

 
this is my kitchen pantry door, very damaged


see the difference chalk makes, not perfect but so much better



family room door, sorry no before pics
the kids really put miles on this one

Making
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Oh, you did a great job. I've never used it.

Carolina Girl said...

We did something similar - I didn't know about the paint, but they sell pieces of "stickey chalkbard" (I don't remember the brand" that are about the size of a piece of paper, and they come 4 to a package. We got a few, and covered the walls of the kitchen island with it. Now when I am cooking, the kids can draw - keeps them occupied.
Your doors look great- a 2-in-1. :)
God Bless!
Shellie

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I've seen those stickers before. I just figured for 3 or 4 dollars I could really get my moneys worth. I still have some left over for other projects.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I want to try a wall with it but I am nervous.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I was too. I first started with a piece of board nailed to the wall. It was a big hit with us so then I felt comfortable with taking the next step to a door.