July 19, 2010

slacks into aprons

I had a pair of old slacks that I no longer wore, so not to waste them, I make a new use for them.
I just hand sewn it into a new apron.
I start by cutting off one of the legs

Then cut down the middle

add ribbon to each side

cut out the back pocket

add a red bow to the pocket and sew on front

now I have a new use for old pants

Tea rose home
F/J
T&J
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

11 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

Get outta here! You actually made an apron out of old pants! I would have NEVER thought of that. It's cute too! Hmmm...dare I try? LOL!

Have a great week in Motherhood!

Anonymous said...

V,that turned out Beautiful

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

LOL it was sooo easy and very little sewing involved. Just sew to ribbons on, thats it! I say go for it girl.

Thanks Renee!! Its my second attempt at sewing.

Anonymous said...

what happened to the white apron post :(

Together We Save said...

Very cute... I will have to show this to my daughter!!

Stephanie said...

What an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!!!

Cora said...

Brilliant idea! Mind if I snatch it and make my own aprons? :-)

Blessings and Peace,
Cora

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Go for it Cora!!!

Amy said...

what a neat idea! I have a ton of dress slacks that I had no idea what to do with. Thanks for the inspiration.

Blessings,
~Amy

annies home said...

Valencia=
Very cool idea. I have several pair of pants that I was not sure what to do with. They were my mother in laws and they are way to short for me. This idea would work wonderfully thanks

Kitschalicious said...

Never would've thought that! What a brilliant idea!