August 5, 2010

old lantern decor

My husband is sooo cool. He always finds things and brings them home to see if I could use them. And this was the mother of all dumpster dives for me. It was an old lantern with half the glass vase broken.
I knew it would go perfect in my spa, beach bathroom so I got to work. First I finished breaking the rest of the glass out and cleaning it up.

here she is in her rustic glory

I start wrapping in jute to coordinate

just a small touch to bring out more blue

Now it has a new home!

I didn't spend any money on this redo because free is sooo much better. 

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that came out GREAT.
you ought to string is a small string of white christmas lights for a delcate look :)

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Ohhh that would look pretty!!

Anonymous said...

I love, just absolutely love to read your blog...I don't read it but maybe once a week...but did I mention that I LOVE IT. Your advice and crafts are so wonderful! Just as an FYI-I spoke with my VBS co-organizer and we have plans of making the 3 tier stand next year for the adult women craft...

This lantern is beautiful...God has really blessed you with a gift and talent-to be creative-

Many blessings

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment!! I hope the ladies in your VBS love the craft idea.