September 13, 2010

homemade preserves

Because, I'm always looking for a way to cook homemade foods, its no surprise that preserves were next on my list. To my surprise they were very simple to make.

ingredients: sure jell, sugar, and fruit
I used rasberries

boil fruit, then mix in sure jell and 1 cup of sugar

strain away juices 
I put 2 tbls of real fruit,
just because it makes it tastes homemade

you can see the fruit bits I added
now just let it cool to jell
I used an old spaghetti jar because we were going to eat right away
if this is not the case, then store in mason jars

awwww fresh preserves
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

2 comments:

Kimberly and Ashley @ Everyday Expressions said...

MMM... Love Fresh Jam! :) Especially on warm homemade bread! Makes me warm and toasty inside just thinking about it. I would love to see pictures of how your patio curtains turned out!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thanks Kimberly, I will post the pics of my patio curtains soon.