September 29, 2010

muu muu 2 maxi

I have always been cheap thrifty. I am so thankful for the finances that God gives us. I'm always looking for ways to cut down on spending. I have been thinking my closet needs a facelift and have been working on updating my wardrobe for  less or nothing at all! I went to the thrift store and found a muu muu for $1. But it needed some work.

 this is what I started with

here I am wearing it
I simply cut out the sleeves

here it is after, with the sleeves gone

All done!

I just added a shrug for fall.

I found the muu muu for $1 and transformed it for FREE.
Now I have an awesome maxi dress!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

Love it!

Divamom said...

Great job! It's really cute!

~L~ said...

great DIY and simple too! can't get any better than that.

thanks for linking up! hope to see you again.

~L~
www.AvidAccents.blogspot.com