January 9, 2011

Cleaning my Home

Okay, I know,I know, who wants to clean. I know cleaning your home can be a chore, but I like to look at it as I'm creating an atmosphere of love for my family. I want everyone to be comfortable and enjoy their time with our family. This can be hard when you're stepping over dirty clothes, clutter on the counters, and dishes stacked up.
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. Titus 2:5

We have a higher calling to the Lord to keep our home neat and clean. If you look at it as a service to the Lord, by obeying His word, then maybe cleaning won't seem so aweful.

So, where do we start?
1)Gather all cleaning supplies. I use a caddy that holds all supplies. It eliminates walking back and forth to and from the cabinet. If you'd like, you can have a caddy for each set of rooms, like bathrooms, living/dinning rooms etc..The key is to work smarter, not harder!

2)I love to listen to music, it helps pass the time while I clean.
I love upbeat gospel music, it lifts my spirits and it helps associate good thoughts with cleaning. Your attitude will determine your altitude in your cleaning.

3)Dress for the job. You know it's not pretty to clean toilets, floors etc... So dress to the occasion. Wear loose comfortable clothes that will make it easier for you to get the job done. What's comfortable for one mom may not be so comfortable for another. Some prefer baggy t-shirts and sweats, others cut offs and a tank, still others a dress and apron. Whatever makes you feel in the mood for cleaning!

4)Plan ahead which rooms or tasks you want done first. I like to start with the easiest, but you can start with the hardest and work your way backward. You can even assign days for specific rooms or jobs to be done. For example Mondays can be window and vacuum day or kitchen day. You choose what's right for you.

5)Work at your own pace! Don't feel rushed in creating an inviting and comfortable home for your family and guests. Take breaks when needed, refuel if you're tired. Remember, you don't want to create a negative mindset, so don't be so hard on yourself to get everything done in one day. If you are a little like me and have trouble getting started, then reward yourself once it's all done! I have a bowl of ice cream after I soak in the tub with candles and soft music. This is only after a long hard day of cleaning. When you have something good at the end of work, you'll feel better about the finished product. Then, the love of having a clean home, will be all the enjoyment you'll need for some moms.

HAPPY CLEANING!!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back...really missed your posts. You are encouraging to read...even though I HATE to clean with passion-I love the after-affects of sitting down and looking around and seeing clean, smelling freshness! Do you have any tips and hints for doing a nursery...we just found out we are expecting-

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Sure! Do you already have a theme or color scheme?

Anonymous said...

We want to do neutrals...with nursery rhymes (we have a friend who is going to do a mural)...I have a crib bed (it's actually mine from when I was a baby-my grandmother bought it and she bought quality). Any money saving tips for getting ready for baby will be greatly appreciated!

Jan Messali said...

Hello! I found you on Raising Homemakers and am now following you. :) Thanks for the cleaning tips. I hope you'll check out my blog too. I post recipes, photography and feature a different Christian artist each week. Have a great day! Jan http://www.jewelry4change.blogspot.com

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I'm on my way for a visit now Jan. (smile)