January 31, 2011

sweater refashion

As you all know, I've been trying to be a good steward over our finances. 
But I also want to look nice, so I've been refashioning my closet!
I revamped an old bulky sweater into something cute.


here it is

big and bulky

 
took in the sides

cut the sleeves

 add a little lace
{with liquid stitch, it only took a few minutes}

much better!!!!

back view

This whole refashion was...wait for it...
FREE!!!!!

PSSSST... I forgot to mention the cool new leg warmers
that I made from the recycled sleeves.


MMM
MTWC
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I love it! So cute. I don't even know where to begin on "taking something in" as far as sewing! I really enjoy these posts, Valencia.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Valencia,

That looks like an entirely new sweater! I like the white lace trim around the sleeves, neckline, and waist area. You did a GREAT job!

Unfortunately, I can't sew, so I would be quite clueless on a project like this!

-Lady Rose

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

the lace looks so pretty with this! I love the leg warmers too... :) thanks for linking this up!

StonesThrow said...

I've been looking for short-sleeved sweaters--never occured to me get the scissors out!

Beautiful.
Thanks for the inspiration.