August 28, 2011

DIY cutting board

I had this chunk of two inch thick pine wood left over from one of hubs projects and I didn't want to waste it. I had long needed a cutting board for my kitchen and this looked perfect. I loved how natural and beautiful it looked and decided to create one from it. 

original board

sand like crazy

coat with olive oil

let dry, then repeat

Here it is after several months,
still going strong!

Waste Not Want Not!!!

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT! What kind of wood is that?

Rosilind Jukic said...

Wow - what an awesome idea. And coating your board with olive oil...I never thought of that. Mine get dry and crack...and then I have to go out and buy a new one every so often. What a great idea!!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Hubs says he thinks it is some pine wood he had left about 2 inch thick. And I got the idea of olive oil to keep it from drying out on google...smile

Ashley said...

great idea!! I would love you to link up at Tell me Tuesday!!!
thanks
ash

Ashley said...

thanks for linkin girl!!!!