August 15, 2011

retro sweater redo

Fall is fast approaching and soon we'll have crisp weather. So, I decided to get started on my warm wardrobe. I found this sweater for $1 at the thrift store and I loved the throwback preppy 80's look of it. But it was three sizes too big, sloppy, and frumpy. I got to work on it to make it my own.....

Here is what I started with....slouchy

cut the sleeves down to get a bubble effect
trimmed off the excess from the sides

All done!!

Totally 80's Chic

MMM
MTM
RF 
WGW
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that turned out great..

Rosilind Jukic said...

I just love looking at all you recreations. You are so creative!!!

Anonymous said...

Paula made the bread lol she could not even get time to take a pic before they all ate it up lol

Anonymous said...

How did you re stitch the sleeves back on so it does not un ravel, can you show a pic on the inside :)

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I hand sewn the stitches on the inside with the ends back to back so that when you wear it you can't see them. I will try to get a pic as soon as I can.

Anonymous said...

EeeeeK here we go
http://shop.ssekodesigns.com/home.php?cat=249

Unknown said...

Wow this is great!! And just a dollar - I love thrift store transformations, thanks so much for sharing!