October 24, 2011

homemade deodorant

I have a pretty big family and things like deodorant are always in demand! 
We can never have too much of it and I happened to find many recipes for saving money 
by making my own for my family. 
Here it is step by step.

 gather ingredients: corn starch, coconut oil, and baking soda
optional: essential oil(vanilla)

mix ingredients together:
1/4 c. baking soda
1/4 c. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
5 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp essential oil

old deodorant container

just fill with ingredients
the smell is awesome!!

this is softer than store bought
you may use a jar to rub on if it works better

Here it is all done! 

After using it for 2 months, I'm glad to report that this really does work!! And I can say that the smell is super sweet. Especially for someone who sweats a lot like me...TMI...I know. But it is definitely worth a try.

Craft O Maniac
Motivate Me Monday
Making the World Cuter
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Thanks for the recipe and for the feedback! I've wanted to try homemade deodorant but wasn't sure how well it actually worked.

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

Stacie said...

LOL @ TMI!!! That is okay, because you know that was the question everyone wanted to know. . .does it really work!

Thank you for sharing this recipie. I just found another recipie on making your on Non-petroleum jelly (as in Vaseline). So this sounds like another thing for me to add to the list.

Take care, Valencia!

-Stacie @ No Idle Bread

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'll have to give it a try. My daughter uses a crystal rock deodorant. I would like a natural one, but none have worked for me. I will see if this works for me. Thank you for sharing.

Tammie said...

Never knew you could make your own. How cool! And natural at that! I've heard bad things about certain other deoderants so I think I'll have to try this. Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

I just may to try this! Thanks!