January 2, 2012

PJs to Scarf

I've been wanting a leopard scarf to wear this winter. As you guys know I always try to spend as less as possible. So, when my daughter outgrew her pj's I ran to get my scissors to make one for free.
Cuz free is so me!!

too small pj's

I cut the seams and lay it flat

Then cut strips in the ends to create fringes
Now I have a free leopard scarf!!!

I even have a lot of left over fabric for other projects like this necklace
that I created from 2 lost earrings here. I'm sure I'll come up with some other purrfect ways to use the rest of it....lol

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

6 comments:

Betsy Price said...

So Cool! What kind of fabric were the pjs? Do you think that would make a difference?
That necklace is gorgeous!
Keep up the good work! ;-)

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thanks so much Betsy! The fabric is fleece and it wouldn't make a difference. Just depends on what type of scarf you'd like. I wanted a heavy winter one, so this was perfect.

Anonymous said...

LOL at least I am not the only one whos done this

Linda said...

I think you are very clever making that cute scarf for free Valencia!

And the necklace too!

Happy New Year...
And God Bless you in 2012!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Rosilind Jukic said...

You are so creative!!!!!

Humble wife said...

You are so clever!!

Jennifer