September 17, 2012

DIY scarf top

I have been eying those scarf tops and I just really want one! But instead of buying one, I decided to make one myself. I didn't have a large square scarf, so I did have to buy one, but it only cost 1.99 at Goodwill. Let's get started...

The scarf I started with...

fold in half...

I hand sewn at the 5in mark...

I cut a slit at the top and trimmed with ribbon...

Here's the final product...

I loved how it turned out! I love even more that only a few stitches were needed to make this top. Total price was only 1.99 plus ribbon I already had. But if you have a large square scarf, this could be free! So go ahead, grab a scarf and get creating!!


Making The World Cuter 
Creative Bloggers Party and Hop
Craft O Maniac
Motivate Me Monday
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Nice job!

Tammy said...

This turned out great!! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Love that blouse and that it only cost you $1.99, Valencia! You did a wonderful job on it. I also love your blog, it is so inviting and welcoming. Thank you for letting me explore!
Hugs, Paula

Jessica said...

That's my kind of sewing project!

Rosilind Jukic said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I am so inspired by you!