April 22, 2013

Protect our daughters!!

I am a mother of four girls ranging in different ages and stages. I'm so proud to be able to raise them and guide them in life. But what is becoming more and more difficult to deal with, is the worlds view on women and the horrible influences on our daughters.You don't have to look far to see half naked women on billboards, hear provocative song lyrics on the radio, and see the sexual innuendos in commercials already.




 But even the younger girls are being shown sexualized on T.V. also...
My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

Toddlers and Tiaras

Dance Moms

Not to mention the reality shows that promote bad behavior in a glorifying light...
Bad Girls Club


 Teen Mom


I fear that the world is giving girls a false sense of reality! The world has ruled that sex sells and it shows! That bad behavior, drinking, drugs, teen pregnancy, vulgar speech, underage sex, fights, etc. is good and should be seen as typical way of life. I pray for my daughters and the world I have to release them into someday when they are adults. Until they are, I have to protect their little minds and hearts from being damaged as much as I can. I sit down and explain these myths that the world has given them as truth.

myth #1=your beauty is your worth
My husband and I often reassure them that they are beautiful because they are children of God. It's not what's on the outside that matters, but the inside.
Proverbs 31:30 Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
1 Peter 3:3-4 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 

myth #2=if you got it, flaunt it
Videos, ads, songs, commercials, etc... do not show how real women who value themselves dress. This is merely a marketing tool based on sex sells, and in our society it does. But I remind them that we are in the world not of it.
Proverbs 11:22 As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
1 Timothy 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
 myth #3=bad behavior is revered
Only in so-called reality shows where this behavior makes for great ratings, or among chaotic minded people is this acceptable. I also explain that in real life, fighting, threats, DUI, drugs, etc... has real life consequences because there is a little something called the law that makes this unacceptable. But even more important is how you handle yourself before God!
Titus 2:3 older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
Titus3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing all meekness to all men.


I assure you that I am not blaming the media! I know that raising our girls is a parents job, not the media. That's why I teach them to resist the devil and he will flee. I teach them that all of these images, songs, ideals, etc.. are available, but you don't have to follow them. And I'm not delusional to the fact that they will ultimately live their lives their way once they leave my home. But I'm a firm believer in God's teachings on raising children, and lifting them up in prayer! 

Provers 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.


God bless our daughters!!!


Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

No comments: