July 31, 2013

$10 Laundry Room redo

I've been really wanting to redo my laundry room. Maybe it's because I'll feel more "inspired" to do laundry. Hey, whatever helps right...


 Here is where I started...

nothing exciting...




I knew I didn't want to spend much or do any time consuming repairs for now. I just stuck to quick fixes, to give it fresher update...

I made a trip to the Dollar Tree and bought a small hamper, black rug, shelf liner, 3 metal suns, and black wire basket totaling $7. Then I had to go to the Family Dollar because D.T. was out of flower baskets. F.D. was out too, but had flower basket stands. So, I got 2= $2. Using what I already had my laundry room total was a whooping $9!!!

Here is what I did...

used these 2...
 to make this...

spray painted all these black...


reused my stash...
 to create these...


free book page decor...





 Here is where I finished...

yeaaah happy dance...



basket for socks/underwear only from D.T....

labels made from Microsoft Word on book paper, 
attached with packaging tape...

can you believe these are creamer bottles...

washing board painted white,
wash dry fold frame, and
large clothespin on display...

spray painted suns...

new refurb light fixture...

more Microsoft Word framed art, 
shelf paper, and DIY projects...

painted vase, paper tissue ball, and
DIY paper ball display...

 Sticking to my low cost, low work budget paid off.
All for under $10!!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

No comments: