February 25, 2009

Thankfulness

I've learned that no matter what life throws at me, I have to continue to be thankful for my blessings. After all that I have gone through, I can rest assure of one important thing that is always constant in my life and that is God's love for me! I've had to recently learn to cleave to the Holy Spirit after many trials and tribulations. I believe it's when we can worship God in times of heartache and pain as well as good times is when our true light shines. There is one scripture that I cling to in my times of need.

James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


It is truly a beautiful thought to know that after it is all done, God has used that experience to produce a great work in me. I feel so comforted knowing that I'm not suffering for nothing, that I will gain favor with my Lord after enduring the fiery darts that the devil may throw at me. I can say that I personally had this part of me tested when I was involved in a severe car accident. I was in constant pain and agony, and I still am during certain times now. But, I can go on smiling with Jesus always on my side. I'm forever thankful for the blessings he bestows on me daily.

The Word of God commands us to be thankful and to have a heart of thanksgiving. I believe that if we are thankful for a little, He will bless us to have a lot. I fall into the trap of wanting more and not appreciating what I have now. Especially with tough financial times all around us. But the Lord is faithful and comforts us during these times, if we can just learn to focus on what we have instead of have not.

Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Ephesians 5:20 Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.








I have decided to keep my mind on things above and be thankful for what I have in my life. With all that I could not have, it's important that I remember what I do have from Him. Here is just a glimpse of my personal list of things I'm thankful for.


I'm thankful for:

My spiritual walk I'm glad that He gave me a heart after Him. I am so excited to have a chance to walk in His grace.

My life It is not a given that I will wake up tomorrow, so I can be glad I have yet another day to praise Him.

My husband He has really been a blessing to me and has come in and took the lead just as God intended.

My children They are so beautiful and bring so much joy to my life. They allow me to be able to live my God given role as a mother and raise children that lift up His name.

My family and friends It is a treat in life to be surrounded by so many wonderful people, who are always there for me.

My belongings I'm always grateful for the blessings God has given me. I may not have all that I want, but I definitely have all that I need. Praise the Lord!

I could go on and on but you can get an idea of what I'm personally thanking God for daily. The Lord wants us to be a thankful people. I am thankful most that He first loved me and gave His life to save my soul. This is the reason I worship Him. This is why I have a longing to live a life dedicated to getting closer to His glory!

What are you most thankful for?

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Your list and thoughts are so special to read!
Loved to read your#2 i took them as my focus this TT

Blessings
Bernice

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

This is a great message! I loved your list, too. God is most glorified when we are giving Him the praise He deserves.

God Bless,
Sonya

Kelly said...

I am visiting from "Truth 4 the Journey". Your family is SO beautiful!!! What a blessing. You have much to be thankful for.