March 17, 2009

Homemade pedi

If you're like me, you're a mom that wears many hats. You're a chef, maid, tutor, teacher, judge, jury, cab, secretary, etc... Sometimes we need to just take a few minutes to rejuvenate ourselves. So I'm going to give you a my homemade pedi recipe.

lrg bowl
baby oil or olive oil
Epsom salt or salt
warm milk
warm water
clippers
file
pumice stone

Fill bowl with warm water and milk, mix in oil and salt, soak for 5 minutes or longer, light some candles or put on some soft music for relaxation. Dry feet and clip nails, then scrub away extra skin with pumice stone. Rub feet with oil or lotion for added softness. Push back cuticles, file and polish toes. Go on and enjoy yourself you deserve it!

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Would you believe, just minutes before reading this post, I was sitting on a step looking at my neglected feet trying to talking myself into spending the money for a pedicure. This sounds wonderful, thanks!

Jill said...

Ahhhh... that felt good just to read. :)

I had two first during my 40th year - a full body massage, and couple months later, a manicure. Both were wonderful. I think I shall do these again every 5 years.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I'm so glad you ladies appreciate the post. I love to pamper myself and save money in the process. Go on and treat yourself Sharon, you'll love it!

Your Best Friend said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad I had today off, because I'm having a BLAST with this party!