March 16, 2009

My Husband's Helpmeet

Today we are discussing being your husbands friend. This is a subject near and dear to my heart.

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9


I love these scriptures. I feel that strongly for my husband that I must show myself friendly to him in order to bring out friendliness from him. I'm his helpmeet, and was created as a friend so that he would not be lonely. I was created pleasing to him, so naturally he wants attention and love from me. I notice that my husband's mood can be altered by my soft words and sweetness toward him.

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Genesis 2:18

Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives
1 Peter 3:1


Woman was man's greatest gift from God. He loved man so much that he created a softer, more feminine, lovelier version of him for him. She would become his friend for life. A man has a longing in his spirit without companionship from a woman, he longs for his missing rib to complete him. Are you completeing your husband by your acts toward him?

We as women must understand the influence we can have over our husbands. Many of the times, a wife can make or break a man's spirit. So, this requires that we die daily to the sins of our flesh in order to adapt to God's role for our lives. I like to remind myself that I'm following the Lord when I submit to my husband. Submission is God's beautiful calling on our lives as wives.

Praying together is one of the best ways my husband and I stay connected on a much deeper level. We can seek the face of the Lord and by drawing closer to him, our spirits unite in Christ. Also praying for each other makes us accountable for one another. It's hard to be angry with someone when you're praying for them and with them.

My husband leads bible study in my home. We devour scriptures together and give our account of what the Lord has revealed to each of us. I love hearing what he has to say, and I love that he respects what the Lord has placed in my heart.

I would like to challenge every wife that reads this to leave a comment commiting to pray for our husbands this entire week.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
NubianGraphics.com
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I will pray for my husband this week. Great post.

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Great post
I like the graphic and the saying"pray together,stay together"!
Take up the commitment to pray for our hubby's

Bernice

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

It's always a good thing to lift up the heads of our home in prayer! Thanks for standing with me on this.

Jill said...

That was such a good post. I like you - you speak my language. Wanna have coffee? I live in south-central PA. :)