April 2, 2009

Butterfly Kisses



Yesterday, I was so tired from all that a mom does, that I just fell asleep in my little girl's bed. I didn't even know that I had dozed off until I felt these little wet kisses on my lips. I remember thinking, this feels like a butterfly has touched my face. Then, still asleep I felt two more sweet kisses. I slowly opened my eyes to find a sweet baby planting sweet little baby kisses on her mommy. She had the biggest smile on her face and suddenly I wasn't so tired. AWWW that really made my day! I felt so blessed to have such a sweet reminder of just how much I love being a mommy.




Christ has given me the greatest assignment in the world. I love these times, when I know someone is smiling down on me from heaven because I have accepted my God given role as mother. I may get weak and discouraged, but just then, my savior sends me a beautiful reminder that makes it all worth while.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

This was the sweetest story! I remeber those little sweet baby kisses all to well.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Being a mom does give you the greatest perks, hugs, kisses and lots of LOVE!

Kelli said...

Awww!! I'm a new mommy, and I can hardly wait for my little one to give baby kisses! Thank you for sharing such a sweet story!