May 11, 2009

My schedule

I'm happy to link up to Like a warm cup of coffee this Monday to talk about our schedules. I really need to stick to one because I am very good at making one, not so good at sticking to one. I stay on task pretty much, but there are days when I just fall of track. Hopefully, posting it will help me to stay on task.

Daily

530-6 exercise, bible study
6-7 kids up and out
7-8 dressed and off to work
8-5 working, making meal plans, kids bible study, paying bills online, etc...
5:15-5:45 cook dinner, check homework
6 serve dinner
6:30-8:30 kids free time,
8:30 kids bedtime
8:30-10 moms free time (internet, read, etc..)
10 hubby home, our time
11-11:30 bedtime


Mondays=laundry, weekly meal plan, story night
Tuesday=bible study at church
Wednesday=family talk
Thursday=errand day
Friday=laundry, family game night
Saturday=family day and movie night
Sunday=regroup day, clothes ready, weekly meal plan done, errands for errand day, etc

I do good most days, but I do fall off sometimes. With the help and encouragement of all the moms who link up today, I know I will keep up with it. Schedules are a great tool to help me from losing so much wasted time during my day. Before I know, it I've spend so many minutes/hours on one thing and now have lost time to finish the rest. But having a schedule has helped me not be idle in my daily routine. Time is something that I can't get back once it's gone, so I guard it closely. Over time, I will get better because all things are possible in Christ.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Donalacasa said...

We must be on one accord! I have been thinking and rethinking my schedule lately. I have spent numerous idle hours and now feel as if weeds have grown up and taken over my garden. I started a new schedule last week and am trying to be so mindful of the things that pop up to throw me off. Last week was SUCH a challenge to stay on task. I want to do BETTER than last week no matter what obstacles come up. I pray that you will too!

Blessings!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thank you for praying for me. I really do need to be better and we will get there together sistah!! I have faith.

thekreativelife said...

Wonderful, wonderful schedule! I love how you've incorporated a family meeting day each week! This is something I'd love to add to my own schedule.

God Bless you and thank you so much for sharing!

F. said...

I am inspired by your schedule! I currently do not have any kids and yet I complain about not having any free time. You are an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing your life with us through this blog.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thank you so very much for leaving such a heartfelt comment. Many blessings to you!!