June 22, 2009

Surrendering

I've just recently received the book, The Surrenderd Wife. It really has a lot of good information in it. Surrendering is such a beautiful concept. With all things, you take the information and use it on a level that's comfortable for you. My husband has really appreciated the extra care and love he gets from me these days. It amazes me how, if I submit to God and His word, how much He blesses me in my marriage. I personally apply some of the practices of the surrendering to my marriage and it's been great!! Other info from the book, I left because it did not fit our lifestyle. How about you, would you consider yourself a surrendered wife? And if so, how far would you go to submit?



I found this video and thought I'd add it to this post to show just how far some women take surrendering to heart. I have no objection to it, if that's what works for you and your husband. I'm just glad I was able to find a middle ground for me and my hubbby.

Under the thumb

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-AU&brand=ninemsn&vid=44e8f2bd-5da6-484c-9a48-69f0224ca077
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

8 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

I couldn't get the video to work for me, but I can say that I want to surrender in all things. I find though that it is the easiest things that I have trouble with the most!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I know what you mean. I've been submitting myself more to my Lord, so that He can walk me through surrendering to my husband. I fixed the link...thanks for pointing it out.

~Bren~ said...

Hmmmmm. I watched the video. I am all about submission based on God's Word, though there was not one mention of God in the video. Poor Crystal seemed miserable and the other ladies...well, are they Christians? No way to know. I guess it is a good thing, but the MAIN reason for submitting to the authority of your husband (and even seeing him in that authority) is because it is what God wants of us...when we submit to our husbands, we are submitting unto HIM. I may check out the book...is it God centered?

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I do hear you, God is the main reason I surrender to my hubby. If those wives are really happy, then good for them. Thankfully, hubs and I have a way that works for us. To answer your question, I'm only on chap.3, so not much input on it yet. It was recogmended to me, but there are other great books about submission that are biblically based.

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Hi Valencia
I have recently been trying to surrender more to my husband and not undermining him with the children lately, I am finding that God really is blessing me of late and I am happier in myself because I am being obedient to our Lord. Also I feel it is important to point out that God asks that our husbands love their wives as they love themselves.

Love Collette x

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

You make an excellent point! Husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. I too have been having a much better relationship with my husband now I have a heart for submission.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Visiting to welcome you to SITS. Thank you for sharing this and it reminds me of how a palm tree survives a hurricane, by bending instead of being rigid and breaking. Surrender is like that for me on many levels. Blessings to you and your most Beautiful famil.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

That really is such a beautiful way to look at it!! Very well said.