July 28, 2009

Christ's Word



Well, we are well on our way in my one year blog party!! I really enjoyed reading more about you. I love getting to know the ladies behind the blog... Click here to pick which prize you'd like to win and comment each day to be eligible. Today, I want to focus on my walk with Christ. Being a wife mother, chauffeur, maid, cook, referee, judge, jury, teacher, etc... can get overwhelming. I'm so glad I have someone who will catch me when I fall. I get weary sometimes, but Christ is bigger than any dirty diaper, spit ups, or children running for their lives at bedtime.



One thing that helps keep my heart closer to Christ, is my special time of prayer. I love being in fellowship with God. It is a very refreshing time and I always feel so new after I'm done. Another way that I can stay close to Him, is by hiding His word in my heart. We all have a scripture that we cling to when we need it. I would love to know what scripture do you hide in your heart and why? If you have more than one, please share all of them that really speak to you.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12:2


I am constantly turning to this scripture, when I face trials. We have to peel off the flesh daily and be transformed into God's children. The enemy will have us to be just like everyone else and fit in what are society's standards. But God is elevating us up to a higher standard of living, that is so unlike the norm.

If you'd like, you can take this denomination quiz. Just for fun, what were your top three results?

No matter where you are in your life. Remember that everything happens for a reason and for a season. Let this be "your" season to shine. Take whatever God has in store for you and be victorious in Him.

(New Life Baptist Church)

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Here are my results from the quiz.. 1: Anabaptist (Mennonite/Quaker etc.)
(96%) 2: Pentecostal/Charismatic/Assemblies of God
(90%) 3: Church of Christ/Campbellite

Sandy said...

I have a lot of favorite scripture verses that speak to me and that I am commiting to memory this year, too many to list.

Here are some:
My life scripture:
Prov.3:5-8

Other favorites:
Psalm 145:4-5
Psalm 19:14
Colossians 3:12-17
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Philippians 4:4-13

~Bren~ said...

Right now I am trying to memorize Romans 8 That entire chapter is pure meat of the word.

My results were
1. Assemblies of God
2. Free Will Baptist
3. Mennonite Brethern