October 27, 2009

I'm guilty

I have really gotten into a funk lately. I really do feel so guilty about my shortcomings. It's one of those times that I know that I'm not where I need to be. I find myself getting frustrated easily at the smallest things. Or I haven't taken the time to really build my home like I know I can and should. But I know this is just a trial that I must overcome. And I will start today creating an atmosphere or love in my home once again. I'm not perfect, but my father, who is in heavan is. So, I'm going to lean on him for my victory. He will help see me through this temporary lax in my duties.

I've come to the understanding that if I want change I have to do something!! I can't get anywhere standing still. Nor can I move forward successfully while looking back. Think about it. If you are driving and you want to get groceries, you have to go and get them. If you never start the car, you won't ever get what you need from the store. Same as just driving down the road. You can't go forward while looking back, you "will" eventually crash! So, I've made a decision to "do something" to get me out of my rut and always keep looking forward.

Here are some of the things I will implement from now on to get back to where I want to be.



I vow to:
have deeper prayer with writing in my prayer journal, to build my inner man
show honor toward my husband in all ways no matter how frustrated I am
take time away from distractions and spend it with my little ones
focus on ways to better create an atmosphere or love and warmth in my home
be a steward over my finances, no matter the size of the budget

I feel so much better already, just by having a vision!

I'd love for you to share your vision for your home. What ways do you build your home or what will you do to better to build it.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At times I feel this way as well. You're certainly not alone. :)

Divamom said...

I definitely understand where you are coming from! I'm so frustrated and overwhelmed with so much to do and so many to care for, that I've gotten in a rut too. I'm praying and asking God for strength to see me through this and create the warm atmosphere that is essential for our home. I lean A LOT on my pastor's wife for guidance, because she is such an encouragement and inspiration, as my mother was before her passing. I know I can do this, and with God's help, I will! Be Blessed and encouraged!

~Chondra