October 19, 2009

Judge refuses marriage to interracial couple

I can't believe that we still have people who believe this way. I can only pray that our country rises above this kind of injustice once and for all with the new generations to come. I also pray that Jesus will touch Judge Bardwell's heart and give him a heart after His own.

Keith Bardwell's quote: "I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way, I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."


Has society really changed in your opinion, or are people still harboring hate that is just unseen?

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

Melissa G said...

Hi Valencia, i didn't get a chance to work on your header this weekend but I did want to let you know that i got your email and will be making those changes.
I hope you had a good weekend!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Take your time!! This one is still beautiful and thanks so much!!

~Bren~ said...

Valencia,
I think that society has changed and new generations are less racially hateful, YET, there will always be those that, like this judge, who see themselves through a false sense of reform. His comment about having "piles of black friends" who "use my bathroom" (WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN??) shows just how OFF track he is. People are people in God's eyes. No where in scripture does it say not to marry interracially, infact, Moses married a black woman...it DOES tell us not to marry unsaved to saved....I wonder if he has a problem with that???? I doubt it!
LOVE your new header.