April 12, 2010

decor balls

I've always wanted some of those decorative balls that you see in the stores, but I'm not one to spend money when I can make it so much cheaper thriftier. Not that I'm cheap, I'm just a good steward over our finances.


I bought a pack of plastic baseballs from Dollar Tree

I wrapped one with left over leaves from a previous project

I wrapped one in jute twine

The last one I did wrapped in fur yarn...almost done.

Here they are on my shelf!!

For just $1 and stuff I already had, I've created my own version.
Very fun and easy to make, plus I saved so much too.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. You are so created. I want to make a summer wreath but I haven't got a clue where to start.

Oh, I am having a Feminine Dress week and on Friday I will link to your blog for Feminine Friday.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Can't wait to see you! I bet you'll look lovely!

Kimberly said...

I love your ideas and heart for thriftiness. It is such an encouragement! I like simple and thrifty combines, yet unique and cozy ideas for the home.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I take the finances that God has given us very seriously and I still want to make our home cozy.

Cosmo Wifey said...

Wow! I LOVE the yarn one =))