June 30, 2010

sugar coated pecans

I was given this recipe of sugar peanuts by my good friend Renee and I think you and your family might like it as well. It is very simple to do and a good treat for everyone. I just simply switched peanuts for pecans.

ingredients: 1 c sugar, 1 cup water, 1/4 ts salt and 4 c pecans

add sugar to water

then add pecans

boil for 10 min or until coated with sugar syrup

spread in a pan and bake for 30 min @ 300 degrees
sprinkle salt over them

let cool and they are ready to go!!
I had this box leftover and its just perfect.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad yall liked them, When Jeff took them to work lol several wanted the recipe lol
Only one problem.
You cant stop at just one rofl

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I've learned that all to well....lol

Anonymous said...

lol

Susan said...

I enjoy seeing your recipes! Happy cooking!

Susan (Sandlappersue)