July 7, 2010

Battle in your mind

Ever heard of the saying, an idle mind is the devils workshop? Well that saying is so very true. I find that if I keep my mind on Godly things, then the devil has no room to put negative thoughts in my mind. I realize that I'm in a spiritual war with him and his demons, and my mind is the battlefield! Everyday, I must be like a guard and stand watch over my thoughts, so that that they will not be bombarded with any sinful thoughts.

As a mom, I'm always busy, but my mind will try to wander during the repetition of homemaking, chores, laundry etc. During these times, I tend to hum hymns, or pray to keep a heaven bound mind. I pray that we all fight the negative thoughts the enemy tries to deter us with about our children, husband, or household chores. Its the oldest trick in the bible he used to get Eve to sin. We are to learn from her mistake and be mindful that hes always looking for a way to get us to fall away from our Godly role in the home. I hide His word in my heart, because I know my thoughts will become actions over time.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.



Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

7 comments:

Rose said...

This is a great post, valencia!! We all need to guard our minds from Satan's trickery. He comes on so subtle too~we don't even realize that we are thinking thoughts that are shameful to God. I agree that idle hands are the devil's workshop. At first I did not like housework~but over the years I have realized that doing laundry, cleaning rooms, bathrooms, gardening, babysitting, homeschooling~you know what I am talking about~these all keep my mind focused on my Saviour and pleasing Him~and also taking good care of my husband and children. Every morning I put on the Helmet of Salvation to guard my mind from the evil thoughts that Satan tries to put in my mind. Just as Paul tells us to do. I also put on the Breast Plate of Righteousness to help guard my emotions and my heart from this mostly ugly world we live in. With Jesus in my heart it is a beautiful world. But~take Jesus out of the picture and it is a horrific and ugly world. He is our Light and Salvation. Praise the Lord!! Rose

Stacie Raye said...

Your post is so true! We ofetn have fight the battlefield of the mind, but as we keep are mind on Him, we'll have perfect peace.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this...

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

You are so right sisters in Christ. If satan gets your mind, the body will follow into sin. IF your mind is on Jesus, then your body will follow glory.

Amy said...

Great post! This is so true and such a battle. Thank you for the reminder to stay straight and keep our minds on God and heavenly things.

I thank God there are like minded women on the internet.

May you have a wonderfully blessed day!

~Amy

MOMSWEB said...

Wow! I'm working on a book titled, "The Character of My Mind"

How ironic to read your post today! I may come back and ask permission to use your post!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I'd be honored if you use my post. It is a battle and we need warriors for Him.