August 25, 2010

recycled jars

The never-ending quest of trying to find more room in my already stuffed kitchen cabinets, has made me get creative. Now I save almost every container that comes in my home in order to store something else.

My syrup and vinegar was taking up way too much room

I recycled two Snapple jars and they use less space
I just stored the rest out of site until I need to refill again


See the difference!!

Update: Here are a few more.
this is my sugar, brown sugar, flour, and meal



Large Family Organization @RaisingArrows.net
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Kate said...

I love jars and store all sort of stuff in them. I took several canning jars and made a pincushion on the lid and hold all my sewing notions.

Eve said...

Great idea with the downsizing using jars! I suppose with a big family, purchasing in large quantities is smart, but so space consuming.

Would you make cute lables for the jars? Thanks for this idea, I think I'll do it with our coffee :D

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Yes Eve, I will try that for the jars. Very nice idea!!! With a big family, I just think of thrifty not pretty most times...lol

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Kate, love the idea of using the tops as pin cushions!!