September 19, 2010

praline pecan candy

Being a Louisiana girl, I love New Orleans style praline candy.
So for those of you who have never tasted it, you're in for treat!
 
Here is my recipe for making homemade praline pecan candy.
ingredients:
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 can condensed milk
1/2 stick of butter
1 tbls vanilla extract
1 ts salt
pecans


mix all the ingredients in a pot and stir continuously
when you start to feel a little resistance its ready
or drop a pea sized into cold water, if it hardens, its ready

mix in pecans
see how its already starting to harden

bake for 20 min on 300 
cut into squares and serve
mmmm, mmmm good!!!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

Mmmm...mouth is watering...I'll have to remember to visit your page over the holidays for recipes. My mother loooves pecans. This would make a nice gift!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

These are great for holidays!

Michelle - Blessed Mom of 5 said...

That looks delicious! I will be bookmarking this for my holiday baking also! Thanks!

Courtney said...

Mmmmmm. . . pralines. : )
I visited New Orleans for the first time last year, and fell in love with pralines. I made them at Christmastime and gave them to our neighbors. They were a big hit!

Loving the Reflection