November 1, 2010

diy anthropologie shirt

I have a short sleeved sweater that has a color I LOVE, but it was three sizes too big and was kinda plain looking. So, I got to work transforming it into something I loved for FREE! Here is where I got the idea for this redo.

I saw this shirt from anthropologie and I was hooked.
 But not on the $40 price

Here is where I started

I start by taking it in some
I save the fabric for the twist

hand sew the sides

now to start the twist from scraps

simply make the twist and sew to the shirt

The sleeves are too long, so I sew to make them fitted

Now I'll wear it!!

And I finally did!!


I'm sp excited that I finally got a chance to wear this shirt, 
because I always loved the color.
Anthropologie=$40/DIY= FREE!

MTWC
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely :)

Unknown said...

You did an excellent job in transforming your shirt.

~L~ said...

this is a great DIY. I love some anthro. thanks for linking it up.

~L~
www.AvidAccents.com

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

What a great redo--love it! Thanks for sharing

WobiSobi said...

This is awesome!!

saraH said...

awesome, it looks great! thanks so much for letting me know. and the color looks great on you!