January 25, 2011

treat him like royality

One thing that I'm learning in my marriage is that if I treat my husband like the king he is in Christ, then that makes me the queen. And I love the idea of being the queen of my home! I've learned that treating him like anything less and you get what you've sown into him back. For example; if you treat him like a dog, don't be surprised when he has a growling temper. You scold and nag him like his mother, then he'll probably act like a rebellious teen. And so on... So, I've decided that if I want kingdom behavior, I must bestow kingdom honor upon him. 

Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 
...1 Peter 3:1

like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear. 
...1 Peter 3:6



Actions are not the only way to honor my husband. There is power in the tongue and with it, I can uplift or break his spirit. So, I'm very mindful of that fact. I speak to him with a sweetness that only a queen can give. I don't want my king dishonored or worse not wanting to be home because he feels battered by my words. I want him to run towards my loving words of encouragement and reverence.

Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be
...James 3:10

Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife...Proverbs 21:19

Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue;
...Song of Solomon 4:11



What I get in return far outweighs what I've sown into him. 
I am treated like the precious queen on his thrown.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

Amen!

Corner Mystery said...

hello friends ^_^, nice to know u

Donalacasa said...

Amen. That's a good word!

Anonymous said...

Valencia,

I truly needed to read this post today. These words are SO true and SO good. Thank you for sharing them.

Also, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to visit and comment at my blog the other day. It's always nice to "meet" a new sister in the Lord. :)

Blessings,

-Lady Rose

Tina said...

A much needed read today. What a very convicting post. Thank you!!