November 15, 2011

Love

I really appreciate any free time that I can get to focus on me and my husbands life together. Marriage can become routine in our home, because we get caught up in the race of errands, bills, laundry, work, and of course five children running around the house, etc... We always work hard to find any chance to regain that lost first kiss feeling and to rekindle that spark that had dimmed through the years. We actually still date each other. We both made a decision that we'd go out on a date at least every two weeks. It helps keep the love fresh between us. We love Valentine's Day and the fact that we can be extra loving and go make a whole special day out of showing affection to each other. We act like two teens in puppy love. Romance is essential in keeping us happy and in love with one another.




When we as parents are loving and happy, then it flows over to our children. They really benefit from growing up in a loving environment. When I get dressed to go on a date with my hubby, the kids gather in the bathroom and make googly eyes at me saying ooohh you have a date momma. That is just too cute!! Whenever we smile, it makes them smile too! When we show care towards each other, we are showing Christ.




It only takes your time to be able to make someone feel special in your life. Gifts, flowers and candy are great. I personally love all of the above. But I love when my children give me big hugs. I love it when my hubby gives me foot rubs after a hard day. My husband loves the attention I give him when he's had a bad week. Take the time to show others you care and you don't have to spend any money!! Open your heart to people you may not know and watch God work in your life.


Christ first loved us. So much so, that He died just for us. That's why loving people are most important in my life. My family and I strive to love each other. It makes our home feel complete, when everyone feels they are an important member of the family. I show love to my family when my life lines up with what was commanded by the Word of God. The scriptures mention love over 400 times. We can show love in the simplest of ways. God commanded us to love one another, that is the greatest motivator to love others just in and of itself.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
John 13:34

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Romans 13:10

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1 John 4:16

But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another
1 Thessalonians 4:9

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Titus 2:4


These are just a few of the scriptures that are listed in the Word of God. But the best one that really describes exactly what love is, is the one that touches me most. I hope you and your families be blessed with love and happiness all the days of your lives.


Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous;
love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly;
it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails...But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7,13



 
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

No comments: