March 28, 2011

homemade bread

I just started my sourdough starter from scratch,
so I have to wait to cook some fresh sourdough bread.
Until then I'll just use store bought yeast.


1 1/8 c. water
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. dry yeast
3 c. flour
1/2 c milk
1 tbsp. butter

mix ingredients
yeast must set in warm water for 10 min to dissolve

kneed dough

make a ball

place back in the bowl

cover to let rise overnight

 kneed again, then place in bread pans

when it's almost done, brush with butter
you could also brush egg on before baking too

set out to cool

 slice and enjoy healthy homemade bread!

 we use leftover bread crumbs too...


Tip Junkie
Far Above Rubies 
Raising Homemakers
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im making some tomorrow lol baking it in veggie cans :)

WobiSobi said...

Yum Yum and Yum I have never been able to make bread. I think I will try and fix that this spring.. you have inspired me!! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog Hugs Anne

Far Above Rubies said...

Wonderful. Thank you for the recipe.

Thanks for linking up to Far Above Rubies.

Love passing by,

Jasmine

Sylvia N. said...

Hey, V! Thanks for leaving some comment love on my blog. I have been hopping around on your past posts (found you via UBP11) and I love your style! You have a BEAUTIFUL family! Don't you just love dough and watching it rise?