April 5, 2011

sourdough bread

Well, you didn't think I would show you how to make starter 
without showing you how I make the bread did you?
Of course not!!

1 cup starter
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tbs salt
1 cup water


after kneading dough, divide into 3 strips

start braiding
(looks kinda like a creature huh...)

fold the ends to stick

place in bread pan

let rise overnight

optional: I brush with a coat of egg
for a brown crispy crust

bake for 30-45 minutes/350 degrees
let cool on rack

Enjoy!!!!

I really enjoy baking bread. The smells and warmth just screams home.
Nothing says love, like fresh baked homemade bread for your family!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

6 comments:

WobiSobi said...

I am so terrible at bread making.. I swear I am going to master this fear.. and make wonderful bread one day.. Thank you for you so so sweet comment as always . With your help I will conquer bread.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Go for it Anne!!! You can do it!

Heather Truckenmiller said...

This looks fantastic! I haven't had sourdough starter on hand for about a year now, but this post makes me want to start a new batch. :-)

Visiting from the UBP11 today.

Linda said...

What temperature do you set the oven to?

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

So sorry Linda 350 for 45 min to 1 hour. When you can stick a fork in it and it is soft but firm, its now done.

Divamom said...

Gotta try this one! It looks yummy!