March 5, 2012

sleeve revamp

I have this short sleeve blazer that is tight in the sleeve. I can fit it, but I hate the snug fit when it is buttoned. So, I usually leave it unbuttoned in order to be comfortable. I got an idea to change it up a bit to make it more comfortable to wear.

 the original jacket

close-up of the sleeve that is giving me the blues...lol

snip off the button

wrap with ribbon using fabric glue

I made a bow, and left extra room

 Now it fits perfect and I even have extra room!!
This was a stash busting project, so I will eventually buy dark brown thread
and resew the bows.


Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

Daisha said...

Nice!

Sharon said...

Congratulations on a great idea! I love it when this happens!

Rosilind Jukic said...

Oh my word! You totally gave me an idea for what to do with my two 3/4 in sleeve-shirts I have that are uncomfortable to button. Now I have to get me to the store to find some ribbon to match. Thanks for this idea!