June 25, 2012

crop denim jacket

I've been wanting a crop denim jacket for months now. Since you guys know that I'm cheap thrifty, I got to work creating my own from two jackets I got for $3.99 each at Goodwill. So, I was able to create two cropped denim jackets for under ten dollars. I have a lighter weight one for spring/summer and one heavier one for fall/winter. Let's get to it!!

 The original had embroidering, so I cropped that part out.
That way it could match more of my clothing.

I folded it to where I wanted, then pinned and began sewing 
I also removed the ribbon, so it could match more of my clothing.
(I saved it for later projects)

 All done, my new light weight crop denim jacket!!!

I was inspired to create a heavier one using the same method.
(sorry for the blurry pic)

Whoo hoo, I got one for all seasons!!!

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks so much better :)

Carolina Girl said...

Wow, how awesome! Thrifty is NOT cheap, it's fabulous on a dime :) I wish I had your craftiness, however I am sorely lacking in that department.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thanks guys! I love "thrifty is fabulous on a dime" I will have to start using that...lol

Tammie said...

That is amazing. I need your talent for seeing things as they CAN be! You amaze me!! Love it.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

You "have" to be creative Tammie when you want the cutest style but can't afford them!

Divamom said...

Love them! I'm definitely not gifted in that area! I would've passed up the one with the embroidery, not realizing what a gem it could be! Great job, girlie!

Be Blessed!