April 15, 2009

Children's Chore Chart

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

One of the many ways that I keep on top of things in my home is to delegate chores.
This teaches my children responsibility and to be a part of helping out in our home. I want to instill in them the value of work and the love of pulling together as a family.I teach them that everyone has a role in the family.

Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord Colossians 3:20

Chores are just one way we all pull together to help each other. I assign chores by age and ability. The babies of course have no chores. They get to just sit back and relax...lol But even I have chores. My husband has the honey do list, so he's excused from chores. We all do our part and I hope that some day they feel a sence of fulfillment, knowing that they've helped our family run smoother. This allows for mom to spend less time working in the home and instead we get to play, watch movies etc...
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

1 comment:

Jennifer Sikora said...

Chore charts work great in our house too!!

THanks for sharing.