August 23, 2010

honemade bread

Here is my homemade bread  recipe.
1 1/8 c. water
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. dry yeast
3 c. flour
1/2 c milk
1 tbsp. butter

 Dissolve yeast in warm water. Mix flour, water, milk, yeast, salt, sugar, and butter.
Kneed dough for several minutes, let sit overnight in coated baking pan
preheat oven on 300 degrees until bread rises and slightly browns
This is what comes out of the oven

fresh from the oven

 sliced and ready to serve!!!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

Yeah! You finally posted something I've done before (smile). Well, not exactly, but I make delicious yeast rolls! Maybe I'll try the bread loaf one day. Looks delicious!
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy :)

Eve said...

Wow, your bread looks so good. I could start crying because you make it seem easy :D

I've been trying to work with yeast for years now, my yeast never rises!! :( So I've given up. At leaste I'm good with pie crust :D hahaa

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Eve, do you let it sit in warm water for about five minutes. It will form a foam when its ready. If not it will not rise. I'm going to spend this week working on homemade sourdough starter, its a natural yeast for bread. See if it will work for you too.