September 1, 2010

southern fried okra

My hubs loves okra and it's a good thing we've grown so much of it in our garden. I wanted to try something different than just steaming it for him. So, I went with fried okra and it turned out crispy and spicy. That's because the seasoning I used was salt, pepper, seasoning salt and just a pinch cayenne pepper for a little kick!


 chop okra

  soak in butter milk
then coat with corn meal and seasoning

fry okra until brown and crisp

Let's eat!!!


Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

2 comments:

mosey said...

mmmm, fried okra is one of my favorite foods! Thanks for inspiring me to make some soon!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

You're welcome! They were very easy to make.