October 28, 2010

Aprons

When wearing one of my aprons, I always feel ready to get things done. They represent to me, my homemaking uniform not unlike a nurses uniform or an army one. When I'm wearing one, I feel like I can conquer anything at home. It serves so many function for me. I can load my pockets up with items I need to clean with, carry stuff from room to room while keeping my hands free, wiping away tears, keeping my clothes clean, little hands hold on while they learn new skills, it holds treats to reward little ones, and it can make you look good even cleaning a toilet. The list goes on and on about the reasons I wear them.

My family is actually supportive of my aprons. My hubs actually likes the way they look on me, which is always a plus. My children, even my son all have one. He has a black one with flames and the girls all have girlie ones from the Dollar Tree for $1 each. I'll make them one from scratch, when they are older. They really enjoy wearing them, and I've noticed they are more helpful in our home.

An apron represents so many things to me. The main thing that it stands for is a heart for home!



Renee over at The Growing Family Stam is hosting an apron challenge. How fun!!!!

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

7 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I love my aprons! I'm getting my daughter her first apron for Christmas :)

Mary Ellen

Divamom said...

I need to get one, especially if it'll make me feel like I can get anything done!!! LOL I need all the help I can get!

From Snowflakes To Hotcakes said...

Hi, Valencia! Thanks for stopping over to my blog! :-) I'm glad you like the look of that bread - it's SO delish! I'd love to hear if you give it a try. It's time consuming, but worth it. :-) And I love aprons too! I have one and I don't wear it often, but when I do, Handsome loves it and tells me how cute I am! :-) haha I love that!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Mary Ellen-what a beautiful gift to give her on x mas. She's gonna be sooo blessed!

Chondra-It really does help me and we all need a little boost sometimes...lol

Anonymous said...

I recently fell in love with aprons...I have no clue what happened to my granny's-most likely they made their way into the trash, curtosy of being in too much of a hurry to pack things up! But I have 1 that my other grandmother made for me..and I just purchased one from Thirty-One this week. I feel like I am not only protecting my clothes when I am wearing it but that I look better and I feel more like a woman than a child. You see I am bad to come home from work and put on a tee and sweats (so that I don't get stains on my regular clothes) but when I leave my regular clothes on and (even my jewlery) and put on an apron I really feel like a WIFE and that I am not playing Patty Homemaker...LOL plus I am more attractive for my husband when he arrives home from work! I <3 aprons!

Thank you for sharing
Tessa

Anonymous said...

I have several aprons, and I just love mine :)

Mrs. Stam said...

Love this post and thanks for linking me :-) I'm sorry I haven't had time to visit you earlier :-)


Have a blessed weekend