August 11, 2011

Look at your children

The other day my older daughter found a video of my smallest children dancing and singing to the wiggles. Before I knew it I had tears falling down my face...Where did the time go? They were sooo small and could barely walk and talk. Now they are going to Pre-K and K. As a busy mom of many, time slips by so fast doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, running errands, and the biggest time waster...INTERNET!!!

I want moms to realize that they are only that age, whatever it is, for a year. You blink your eyes and they are a lot older. So look at them and watch them grow. Count those little fingers and toes. Cherish these moments while you still have them, they don't last long!

Baby steps in a bouncy house turn into track runners at Jr. Olympics. 


Tiny hands that made songs with toys, now play music on the piano.


 Little curiosity has now grown into National Honor Society members. 


And two little dancers, now want to take dance classes and hopefully I will soon have a pic of their first recital.....

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Jenna said...

So sweet and so true. I needed to read this today as I have been struggling today with impatience on an especially trying day with our 2 year old. Thing is, she's only this little for a short time. When we look back on our life, we won't wish we had spent more time looking at blogs or on facebook or watching tv. We'll wish we spent it looking at our children.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

That was beautifully said!!!!! I cried when I thought of how much time has passed and you can never get it back. So, enjoy those little messes cause soon she'll be asking for the keys to the car.

Stacie said...

I agree, this was the sweetes post and a wonderful reminder. Life can be so "busy" but we must take the time to enjoy our children. . .they don't stay "children" forever.

Gombojav Tribe said...

I totally receive this! A well-timed message for me today! Gonna shut off this computer and go play with my kids!

Let'sMakeADifference said...

GREAT post!! So true! I cry just thinking about it! I'm a new follower! Bonni from http://www.mombyexample.com